What is NAATI Course?
The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) is the accreditation body for translators and interpreters in Australia and sets the national standards for issuance of accreditation. NAATI is the only body authorised to issue accreditation for translators and interpreters who wish to work as professional language practitioners in Australia.
NAATI is owned jointly by the Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments and has a board of five directors who govern its operations. NAATI provides services through its offices which are in every State and Territory in Australia and in New Zealand, with the national office being based in Canberra.
- Must be 18 years old and above
- All students are required to undertake an entry test by the institute/university.
NAATI accreditation permits translators and interpreters to quickly and easily demonstrate their level of skills and ability which employer expected as a proof. An accreditation would also earn 5 bonus points, under Credentialed Community Language (CCL) points at the Paraprofessional level or above, which can be claimed for migration purpose.
Claim 5 Points - Professional Year Program
Professional year program Australia is the professional development program for students who have graduated from any of the Australian universities. The professional year program or PYP program is structured to introduce the former students with the etiquettes related to their occupation and practical training in addition to providing them with the opportunity to apply for permanent residency in Australia. Professional Year Program Australia is conducted by the accredited agencies authorized by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
Without local experience in their chosen profession, international graduates find it very hard to show industry standard skills that the companies require. Professional year provides graduates with the opportunity to make use of their theoretical skills practically and help them get hands-on experience in performing different job tasks in real life. A successful conclusion of the program earns them 5 points towards permanent residency in Australia.
- International students within the age 18-45 who have completed a postgraduate or undergraduate course spanning a minimum of two years in the related field of accounting, computer science or engineering.
- Applicant who are in queue for the grant of 485 visa or ones who are in 485 visa which has at least 12 months to expire is eligible for applying to PYP program.
- Completed skill assessment from an accredited body
- English language proficiency certificate
- Learning how to communicate effectively and professionally in the workplace with colleagues, managers and customers.
- Understanding the Australian employment market and workplace culture.
- Gaining valuable work experience through internship placements that exposes students to the Australian work practices.
- Becoming eligible to apply for additional migration points in support of Australian permanent residency application.
Learn more about
our peerless visa
and immigration services